Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Rich's 1st


And so finally the trip starts in earnest, although the 11 hours sat on my bottom courtesy of virgin Atlantic promises to be a little less taxing than that which will follow. The journey started in less than auspicious circumstances at the Ibis Hotel in Cardiff Gate. As we were being picked up at ridiculous o'clock I booked the hotel for myself and Gareth. As we would have bike bags I requested a ground floor twin room. We got a top floor double room! Despite strict demarcation and Gareth's plea for no spooning, the appalling softness of the mattress meant Gareth gravitated towards the centre of the bed to the extent that I considered getting out and back in the other side. So sleep was not exactly plentiful but the journey so far has been all according to schedule. I'm 8 hours into the flight between films and looking forward to getting there and sorting my bike ready for a gentle warm up tomorrow.

Rich The Hoot
Bookmark and Share

No comments: