Tuesday, March 10, 2009

UPDATE

With time now running out nerves are starting to hit in!

Phil is ill - he has been sick most of the week and last night wouldn't train at all and went home to be sick again.

I am up at before 6 every morning and lie in bed from 4.30 wondering whether we have done everything - my computer went blank on me yesterday morning and panic set in as I hadn't backed up anything including the route and maps that we are using - Vista doesn't like to go to sleep by all accounts!

Gareth is now paranoid about cycling in case he joins the 'Over the Handle Bar Club' at the last moment. He will now not go out on the road till the U.S.

Richard, I haven't heard from him, only that he had stomach problems last week.

Everybody gives me advice: 'you want to start tapering', 'you'll not get any fitter now', 'you might as well stop training'.

Leave me alone I will taper the day before I get on the plane. Psychologically I want to keep cycling till the last moment. It doesn't have to be hard but just to enjoy cycling and relax.

New kit is bought, supplements have been sought, bikes have been booked for the last service - we're nearly there!

Quote of the Day: Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. OSCAR WILDE

Bookmark and Share

No comments: